This policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access and use our customer portal [link url/portal] (the "Portal"). This policy applies to all users of our Portal.
“Canada Life” "we" or "us" mean the following companies from the Canada Life group: Canada Life Limited, Canada Life Platform Limited, Canada Life International Limited, CLI Institutional Limited, Canada Life International Assurance (Ireland) DAC.
Accessing the Portal
We make no guarantee that the Portal, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted, or that the portal will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
Access to the Portal is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Portal without notice for business or other operational reasons, or where reasonably required for legal or regulatory purposes.
We will not be responsible or liable for losses or damages of any kind which arise in relation to the use of, inability to use (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any downtime or disruption to Portal availability) or reliance on the Portal and/or its contents or which arise in relation to any other matter relating to this Portal and/or its contents to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Your responsibility for security
You must keep your login details secure and must not disclose them to any third party. You are responsible for all use made of the Portal under your login details.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Portal.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the Portal will be secure and free from bugs or viruses; however you should use your own virus protection software.
Your responsibility to use the Portal lawfully
You may use this Portal only for lawful purposes. You may not use this Portal:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with this policy, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, including viruses, or harmful data, into this Portal or any operating system;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojans, worms, logic-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Portal, the server on which the Portal is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Portal. You must not attack the Portal via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of this Portal in contravention of the provisions of this policy;
- not use this Portal in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users;
- not collect or harvest any information or data from this Portal or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running this Portal; and
- not to interfere with, damage or disrupt;
- any part of this Portal;
- any equipment or network on which this Portal is stored;
- any software used in the provision of this Portal; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Audience and solicitation
The Portal is intended for use by UK residents only. The Portal does not constitute an offer or solicitation by Canada Life to buy or sell any investment and should not be used for the purpose of an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is unlawful or not authorised (including, but not limited to, the United States of America).
Nothing on the Portal constitutes financial, investment or other professional advice and relevant advice should be sought prior to any financial or investment decision being made.
Although Canada Life makes reasonable efforts to update the information on the Portal, it makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Portal is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Unless otherwise stated, Canada Life retains copyright in and/or has a right to use the contents of the Portal (including text and graphics) and such contents shall not be copied, distributed, extracted, reused or modified without the express prior written consent of Canada Life unless for private, non-commercial use.
All other rights are reserved to Canada Life.
The Portal may contain trademarks, service marks, logos, icons and company names of Canada Life and third party providers and agents, which shall not be used without the express prior written consent of their respective owners.
What Canada Life will do if you breach this policy
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this policy through your use of the Portal. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this policy may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Portal;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the contents of the Portal are accurate, complete and reliable however will not be responsible or liable for any errors or omissions relating to the contents of the Portal.
The Portal may provide links to third party websites and third party websites may provide links to the Portal. We do not endorse (unless otherwise stated), and will not be responsible or liable for the use, contents or unavailability of, linked third party websites.
We do not warrant that any linked third party website is free from viruses, errors or any other defects (malicious or otherwise).
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Portal or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any Portal linked to it.
Nothing in this policy excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
Other applicable terms
The following additional terms also apply to your use of the Portal:
Our Data Privacy Notice is available at https://www.canadalife.co.uk/data-protection-notice
Website Terms and Conditions
Our Website Terms and Conditions are available at https://www.canadalife.co.uk/legal-and-regulatory information
Changes to this policy
We may revise this policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Portal.
Law and Jurisdiction
English law governs these terms and the use and contents of the Portal and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute relating to these terms and the Portal.