About the report
When pension freedoms were introduced in 2015, it was not necessarily considered how the changes would affect both adviser and client practices when clients reached retirement. This CPD guide, written in conjunction with Defaqto, will equip advisers and their clients with key information and advice to help guide decisions.
Split into two parts, advisers will learn to:
- Consider the advantages & disadvantages of consolidating a client's multiple pension solutions into a single solution during accumulation prior to retirement and in retirement
- Understand the different retirement options and retirement income options and how they meet different client needs, particularly as life will have changed for many clients during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Understand the retirement landscape and learn about the range of solutions which exist (drawdown and annuity based)
- Understand and appreciate the various risks (not just market and investment) that exist in running a retirement income strategy and how it is possible to de-risk a client's retirement portfolio / planning
- Understand the key aspects of regulation surrounding a retirement strategy and the more recent changes and updates.