Our Personal Nurse Service gives your employees and their immediate family members long-term practical and emotional support over the phone with the same qualified nurse, for as long as it’s needed. The service is free for every employee making a critical illness claim, whether it’s accepted or not.
The nurse will work with your employee for as long as they’re needed. They’ll provide:
- Long-term emotional support over the phone
- Detailed explanations of the condition and what treatment options are available
- Help to prepare for consultant appointments
- Guidance on sourcing suitable equipment and medical aids
- Advice on how to make the most out of the NHS, specialist charities and social services
- Support for the employee’s family to help them cope with the consequences of illness
- Sign-posting to self-help groups and to local or national charities
- A friendly, familiar voice – the same qualified nurse will be there for your employee, from start to finish
Who can use the service?
This service is included with our critical illness cover at no extra cost. It’s free to use for:
- UK-based employees claiming under a Group Critical Illness policy
- Immediate family members of the claimant, which includes their spouse, partner, parents, siblings or children under 21, in full time education, who live at the employee’s normal address
Using Personal Nurse Service
Employees must tick the box on page 11 of their personal statement when submitting a claim. They’ll be contacted by their personal nurse within 48 hours.
Also worth knowing
myStrength now available to all policyholders
Discover our new personalised mental wellbeing app, available to all workplace protection customers at no extra cost.Learn more
ToothFairy is here!
Say hello to the UK’s first health regulated, smart dental app. Now available to all workplace protection customers.Learn more
Our support services
We offer a wide range of support services with all our policies. Learn more about the support we provide.
Find answers to commonly asked questions, helpful links, tools and contact details.