- The fund range offers cost-effective risk-targeted solutions delivering ongoing suitability
- Four globally-diversified profiles to help investors and advisers achieve their long-term objectives
- Risk controlled , powered by Hymans Robertson, risk profiled by Defaqto and other leading risk profile providers
Canada Life has today announced the launch of its Diversified Risk Managed (DRM) fund range as part of the refresh of the Managed Fund suite of 0-35%, 20-60% and 40-85% funds. The new fund range allows investors and advisers to choose from four different risk profiles, each with specific volatility parameters, that best fits their long-term investment objectives.
As part of the refresh, the DRM range has:
- Moved to volatility targeting - the funds’ objectives have been amended to include volatility targeting, to constrain the degree to which the performance of the fund will move up and down in the short-to-medium term
- Removed geographic and currency restrictions - the funds will now all be able to invest globally to achieve better diversification and the enhanced performance
- Completed the risk profile suite - an additional fund, the DRM 5 Fund, has been added to the risk profile suite, to ensure that the range has funds spanning all risk profiles from 3-6
The DRM fund range will be co-managed by Craig Rippe, Head of Multi-Asset, and Jordan Sriharan, Fund Manager.
Bringing together an array of expertise across Canada Life, the DRM suite will be available to investors and advisers via CLAM’s OEIC range, Canada Life’s The Retirement Account, onshore bond, and accessible on a variety of investment platforms.
Lower-cost index funds will be available to advisers exclusively through The Retirement Account, priced at 0.25%/25bps.
Shelley Greenwood, Head of Investment Proposition, Wealth, Canada Life, comments: “This launch marks an important step in the development of our inhouse multi-asset proposition, and comes at a time when we see a growing demand from advisers for an easy-to-use, and well governed, range of solutions.
“With the ability to meet clients’ varying appetites to risk at different stages of the retirement journey - the DRM fund range addresses this exact need, making them an excellent option within our market leading Retirement Account pension. As the funds have volatility targets, advisers will be able to support their clients to understand the ups and downs that they can expect to experience in their investment journey.
“This is a standout example of how Canada Life can build innovative solutions with advisers and their clients front of mind, by leveraging the capabilities and expertise of the Wealth and Asset Management teams.”
Press enquiries should be directed to:
Elle McAtamney at Canada Life, 07913 568213, Elle.McAtamney@canadalife.co.uk
Lizzie Murray at Vested, 07914 698310, email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
- More information on the Diversified Risk Managed Fund range can be found here: https://www.canadalife.co.uk/retirement/your-investment-choices/risk-managed-funds/
About Canada Life:
Canada Life is part of a group of companies controlled by Great-West Lifeco Inc., a diversified financial services holding company headquartered in Winnipeg, Canada. Through its subsidiary companies, Lifeco has operations in Canada, the United States, and Europe. Great-West Lifeco and its insurance subsidiaries have received strong ratings from major rating agencies. Great-West Lifeco has over 30 million customers worldwide and £1.341 trillion assets under administration (as at 31.12.21).
Canada Life Limited began operations in the United Kingdom in 1903 and looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals and companies alike. As well as providing stability and security through its individual contracts, Canada Life Limited has grown to become the leading provider of competitively priced group insurance solutions.
Canada Life Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England and Wales no. 973271. Registered office: Canada Life Place, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire EN6 5BA. Canada Life Platform Limited, trading as Canada Life, is a subsidiary of The Canada Life Group (UK) Limited, and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales no. 8395855. Registered office: Canada Life Place, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire EN6 5BA.