Nadia is 48, married to Pete and is an IT Manager for a national wide electrical company.
She has one child from a previous relationship; Charlie, aged 17. Charlie lives with Nadia and Pete but will soon be leaving to go to University. Nadia’s mother has recently required more help from Nadia.
Pension: Workplace pension currently worth £100,000 (20% Defined Benefit and 80% Defined Contribution)
Employee Assistance Programme
Group Protection cover
Pete is 50 and works full time as a store manager in a global computer store.
Pete was married previously to Joanna and has 2 children Jack and Isabella, aged 6 and 8. Pete financially supports his children who he sees on a regular basis. They live with Joanna.
Pension: Workplace pension currently worth £50,000
(20% Defined Benefit and 80% Defined Contribution)
- Paying a fixed term mortgage which has 20 years remaining
- Little savings due to a divorce and other debt such as credit cards
- Helping children with school fees or university fees Getting back on the housing ladder after divorce
- How to deal with pensions and other wealth on divorce
- Children from a previous marriage who receive financial support
- A child who will shortly be at university but who will return to the home during holidays
- A parent that requires care which will only increase as time goes on – both emotional and financial support are required